As a general rule of thumb, I never like to wear a graphic tee that means nothing to me. Sure you have those free t shirts you got at your company picnic, family reunion, craft fair, whatever, but save those for your bedtime. So many products have trendy words and jokes that you find absolutely hilarious. Just make sure you can relate.
1. Never ever wear a merch tee with an artist you do not listen to.
2. No meaningless jerseys either. Especially on a non-game day.
3. The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones. You love it but is flaunting it necessary?
4. Stay away from anything that says Bebe, Apple Bottoms, or Ecko on it. Seriously.
5. And for the love of all things good, do not wear pants with a word going across your ass.